Blog Post #1

 Hi! My name is Kylie Johnson and I am from Orlando, Fl.  I have two amazing parents and three older siblings, and a fun fact is that each of our names begin with a "K." I am currently a freshman here at Florida State and I am majoring in English education. I have a passion for reading and writing and I always have, my mom is a writer too so I like to think I inherited my love for it from her! Some of my interests consist of watching movies, spending time outside, and hanging out with friends.

My prior experience in using technology in an education setting has only been as a student. Since I was a Freshman in high school when Covid hit, I had to get very used to using platforms such as zoom. I also had to become comfortable with doing the majority of my schoolwork online using platforms like Canvas, Microsoft, Google Drive, etc. My Junior and Senior year of high school I took AP Capstone which helped me become comfortable with creating and presenting slides, as well as explaining a large amount of information in a concise manner. Overall, I like to think that I am pretty "tech savvy" in educational settings. 

When it comes to my personal learning network, I am very lucky to have numerous people who help me learn outside of a classroom. I frequently reach out to former teachers I've had because they have offered to help me in my journey to become a teacher. I also ask my parents and siblings for opinions and advice when I need another perspective on things that may be going on in my life. I also believe that I learn lots of information about teaching from real teachers on social media who share their experience. Seeing other teachers succeed helps me believe in myself.  

Comments

  1. Hi, Kylie! So nice to "meet you" and read more about your interests and hobbies! This was super informative and personal, thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 6

Blog Journal 9